Read, print, and download PDF here: Gilford Resume_2016
RAYMOND C. GILFORD
512.296.6979 • email@example.com
GateHouse Media: June 2015 – Present
• Responsible for QA and copy-editing of newspapers.
Texas Legislative Council: December 2014 – June 2015
Document Transcription Technician
• Responsible for editing and QA of proposed legislation.
ChaseSource: July 2014 – November 2014
Document Prep/Scanner Operator for Xerox at TxTag
• Scanning customer correspondence.
Express Professionals: March 2013 – July 2014
Image Review Agent for URS at TxTag
• Entry of license plate info from Toll Road camera photos.
Austin American-Statesman: November 1994 – October 2012
Ad Traffic Specialist, Pre-Press Department: February – October 2012
• Team point of contact and customer liaison.
• Responsible for ad layout, construction and final QA.
Digital Ad Specialist, Pre-Press Department December 2006 – February 2012
• Liaised closely with customers to resolve and prevent PDF postscript issues.
• Created and maintained publication plans in production output system.
• Processed ad orders, edited comps and prepared PDFs for insertion into pagination.
• Edited photos for publication using Adobe Photoshop.
Layout Artist, Pre-Press Department: July 1995 – December 2006
• Served as lead designer for the construction of retail and classified display ads.
• Created and modified ad shells, templates and elements using Adobe.
Input Operator, Pre-Press Department: November 1994 – July 1995
• Nightly entry of ad copy and editorial paste-up as needed.
• Modified print ad queue and daily traffic to meet internal deadlines.
Internal Revenue Service, Austin, Texas: January 1993 – November 1994
Data Transcriber, OCR Unit
• High-volume data entry of sensitive information from Federal tax forms.
Austin Community College, Austin, Texas: Ongoing
Courses in Electronic Publishing, Visual Communications, Advertising and Business.
University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas: September 1981 – December 1986
Bachelor of Arts, December 1986.
Able to work in both MacOS and Windows environments using Microsoft Office, Adobe CS3:
Acrobat (with Enfocus PitStop), Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.